Laptops in India are quite expensive. There are many factors that you need to consider before buying a laptop, because you certainly would not want to waste hard earned money on a laptop only to realize later that you have got the wrong machine. There are so many different models of laptops in India, and it becomes really difficult for a person to choose the best one.
Apple Macbook Pro
While buying a laptop, you should spend some time and check out the following factors to ensure that you are buying a laptop that meets your requirements and needs:
- Processor: The first thing that you should consider when buying a laptop is the processor or the CPU. Go for a laptop that has atleast an Intel core dual processor or a core2 dual processor. This processor is far more efficient than the older single core processors. With a high speed processor, you would be able to enjoy better multimedia activities. There are many more powerful processors in the market, but you should go for them only if you need to do heavy processing required in CAD/CAM or high-end gaming.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): The minimum amount of RAM in a laptop nowadays should be 2 GB. The RAM can also improve the speed and the laptop's performance. The greater the amount of RAM, more the functions the laptop can perform at the same time.
- Graphics Card: The graphics memory of the laptop you want to buy should be dedicated only to the use of graphics, and not be combined with the main memory of the machine. Generally a 128 MB graphics memory would be fine but if you want to play high-end games, then go in for higher graphics memory.
- Screen Size: New laptops that are available in the markets have a bigger screen size, at 17 inches. If the laptop is going to be used to watch movies and to work on spread sheets at home then one with a wide screen size would be ideal. But if you are going to be travelling a lot for business, and will be carrying the laptop along with you then it is better to settle for a laptop which has a smaller screen width like 12.1 to 13.3 inches. This would be more compact and light-weight for you to carry along.
- Battery Life: With many cities still plagued with unscheduled and sudden power cuts, it is extremely difficult to use laptops in India if the battery life is not long enough. The battery life of the laptop should be at least a few hours. Anything upwards of 3.5 hours is a good bet.
- Keyboard and Pointing Devices: The golden rule when finalizing a keyboard is by typing on it to get a better feel. Before finalizing the laptop, you should be comfortable in terms of hand placement on the keyboard and minimum pressure on the keys.
- Hard Drive: The hard drive should have sufficient capacity. The speed should be such that files can be saved really fast. Generally the laptop should come with a hard drive of 160 GB or more. If you plan to download and store movies, go for even more.
- Communications: The laptop should have at least a minimum of two USB 2.0 ports. You must also ensure that the laptop has a built-in Ethernet capability, wireless connection and also Bluetooth.
I hope these tips will help you select the best laptop for you based on the features that you need for your usage. After all, none of us want to spend our hard-earned money on features that we don't need or end up buying something which doesn't provide the things that we need!
To check out the latest laptops in India
, do visit the Laptops
section on our website.